As I woke this morning to let our three doggies outside, the (somewhat) crisp morning air hit my face and I could feel the fall season at my fingertips. I love cooking in my crock pot, especially as the weather changes and I have an easy peasy taco soup recipe that I think you will love.
The easy peasy part is that you may already have most of the ingredients necessary in your pantry or freezer for this hearty meal.
– Your choice of protein – chicken, ground beef or pork, cooked and/or browned (We had frozen smoked pulled pork leftover from a family get-together and it was delicious!)
– 1 bag frozen corn, 16 oz. (I love the sweet baby white corn.)
– 1 can black beans
– 1 can diced tomatoes
– 1 can white kidney beans
– 1 package of taco seasoning
– 1 package of ranch seasoning
– 1 small onion, chopped
– 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
– 1/2 cup water
– Shredded cheddar cheese
– Sour cream
– Fresh green or red peppers
– Black olives
– Your choice of chips (we love tortilla chips, or crunchy corn chips)
Put your browned ground beef or other cooked protein in the crock pot (don’t forget the crock pot liner first for easy clean-up!). Add the remaining ingredients and give it a good stir so as to blend in the seasonings. Cook on low for 6 hours. Dish up and add any array of toppings that you so choose and enjoy!
The whole family gobbles up this simple and somewhat healthy dinner and since clean-up is a breeze, I find the energy to cook more often – which always makes me happy. The fall season is here – I can just taste it! What’s your favorite fall recipe? I’d love to know. Happy Tuesday, friends!