Happy Thursday, lovebugs! Just a couple more days to get through before the weekend and to get your mind off of work and back to beauty, we’re featuring part two of our skincare series with Colleen Rothschild Beauty! Today, Colleen has so graciously provided us with her top 5 tips for healthy, happy skin. These are great reminders of how to take care of yourself and your beautiful face! By incorporating these simple habits into your everyday life, you’ll be well on your way to discovering the perfect skincare regimen.
1. Wash your face every night! Oh my gosh… I can’t believe the amount of women who say they forget to wash their face or simply don’t do it at all! Your face is your largest organ and it needs to breathe. By removing your makeup and the day’s dirt and grime, you allow skin cells to naturally turn over, which is what makes us stay looking youthful.
2. Wear sunscreen everyday. And no more direct sunlight. It makes us look much older than we actually are. So let’s not do that, ok? Want to look like a bronzed goddess? Use a self-tanner or a bronzer instead!
3. Stay hydrated! Drink water!
4. Keep it simple. Get a regimen and stick with it for at least 21 days. Cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize. Use a special targeted treatment depending on your skin condition and its unique needs at that moment in time. Whether it’s blemishes, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, etc.
5. Speaking of exfoliating… Not too much, not too little. But very important. You need to “listen” to your skin to figure out that sweet spot! Included with our Radiant Cleansing Balm is a 100% muslin cloth. The use of a muslin cloth or any washcloth in conjunction with the cleanser is just enough daily exfoliation to keep the surface of dead skin cells at bay — a breeding ground for clogged pores! Once or twice a week use a chemical or physical exfoliator, like our Dual Enzyme Polish. Skin will glow and makeup will apply smoother!
Looking for a great way to get to know the brand? Try the Discovery Collection! The 7-piece kit is filled with must-have skincare products all conveniently tucked into a travel-ready bag. Everything you need for life on the go.
A big thanks to Colleen for stopping by R&R today to share some of her skincare secrets. In case you missed part one of our collaboration with Colleen Rothschild Beauty, check it out! Many of the products she mentions in her tips are products that I had a chance to review earlier in the week. I swear by them and promise you will too! And don’t forget…