One of my favorite fall recipes that my mom used to make is banana bread. Great for a quick breakfast on the go, this recipe is simple to make and it’s customizable to your tastes. Plus – it’s actually nutritious!
1 1/2 cups white wheat flour
3/4 cup Splenda
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 egg whites
1 cup banana, mashed
1/4 cup applesauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
3. Mix Splenda and applesauce until completely blended.
4. Add 2 egg whites and bananas to the sugar and applesauce. Mix well.
5. Add wet ingredients into the dry and fold until all ingredients are wet.
6. Pour into a greased 9X5 bread pan.
7. Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
HINT: Don’t have time to make banana bread within that two-three day window from when bananas are past their prime to – oh, throw that away? Did you know – you can freeze bananas! I had never thought about doing this before until my big sis recommended it. They last for months in there and when you are ready to make some scrumptious bread, take them out and let them thaw. Cut off the stem end and squeeze the banana out – it will look more like banana puree, but will taste just like a ripe banana!
Spice your recipe up – add extra cinnamon, chocolate chips or pecans with brown sugar on top for extra flavor!