Happy Monday and happy fall y’all! This week marks a special DIY week where everyday we’ll be featuring fun, inspiring and super simple fall DIY projects that will get you in the mood for the season.
Now that fall is officially here and football season is well underway, one of the best ways to cheer on your team and keep your belly warm is nothing other than a big bowl of homemade chili. Make it for your home team tonight and you’ll have plenty of leftovers when you need to serve a big crowd for this Saturday’s game.
Pickei Texas Chunky Chili
– 1 tablespoon of vegetable or olive oil
– 2 lbs of ground beef
– 1 yellow onion, diced
– 2 cans of chopped tomatoes (Choose this based on how spicy you like it!)
– 1 can of stewed tomatoes
– 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
– Chili seasoning packet (Choose your favorite! We prefer 2-alarm chili or something with a kick.)
– 8 oz of water
– Optional for garnish/toppings: Chopped scallions, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, hot sauce
Heat skillet, add oil. Brown the beef and add your onions. Drain excess oil (no need to reserve it). Drain the cans of tomatoes. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water and the seasoning packet. Stir well. Let simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes covered, stirring occasionally. (Note: You can use the tomato juice in the cans in place of 8 oz of water, if you prefer a stronger tomato taste.)